Guidelines on the Use of Discussion Rooms
GUIDELINES ON THE USE OF DISCUSSION ROOMS
The Libraries and Media Center has 4 discussion rooms located on the 3rd floor, right wing of the SC Building. These rooms serve as a venue for researchers to discuss and work together.
These guidelines are adopted by the LSU Library Personnel Council for the use of discussion rooms at Libraries and Media Centers.
1. The discussion rooms are available for use of all bona fide students, faculty, and staff of the University.
2. Use of the room is limited to a minimum of 4 persons.
3. The maximum number of users should not exceed the room’s capacity which is 8.
4. Use of the rooms is on a first come first served basis. Those who would want to be assured of a room, however, may make prior reservations:
4.1. Reservation can be made up to one day before the intended date of use through the online booking system.
4.2. The group should choose among themselves a representative who will make the reservation.
4.3. The group’s representative is allowed to book only one discussion room per day.
4.4. An activated LSU ID account is required in booking for the rooms.
4.5. Only groups with a minimum of 3 members physically present at the specified reservation time shall be allowed to enter the room.
4.6. The Libraries and Media Center reserves the right to cancel reservation of groups who fail to show up within the first 15 minutes of the scheduled reservation.
5. To claim for the key, the remote control (for the air-conditioning unit), and the white board eraser, the group's representative should present his/her LSU ID card.
6. Use of the room is limited to a maximum of 2 hours. Extension of use may be considered subject to the room’s availability.
7. Users of the room shall be held liable for damages and/or losses caused by negligent use of the facility.
8. The following are prohibited inside the discussion rooms:
8.2. Playing cards/board games/musical instruments
8.4. Leaving personal belongings unattended
8.5. Bringing in of additional chairs and other pieces of furniture
9. The Libraries and Media Centers reserve the right to approve/disapprove use of the discussion rooms.
This Policy is effective starting September 16, 2013, revised on July 2016 and is considered in effect until superseded or removed.