Academic & Student Services
The Academic and Student Services Office creates avenues for student empowerment and life-long learning.
To realize this vision, we commit ourselves to:
- Providing opportunities to enhance quality of student life and complement academic pursuit and Christian values in collaboration with the Administration, Faculty, Staff, Parents, Alumni and the entire Lasallian community.
Goals and Objectives
Specifically, we aim to develop well-integrated Lasallians who are:
- Effective leaders
- Socially responsible individuals
- Culturally literate and artistically-oriented
- Well-disciplined and who
- Possess the following core values:
- Spirit of faith
- Zeal for service and
- Communion in mission
VICE – CHANCELLOR FOR ACADEMIC & STUDENT SERVICES
The Vice-Chancellor for Academic & Student Services directs and coordinates the activities of the College Unit relating to students’ co-curricular and extra-curricular affairs and student discipline. He/she shall be directly responsible to the University President/Chancellor
- Supervises the over-all development of the non-academic areas of student life in the College and various non-academic student services;
- Formulates and enforces, together with the College Deans and Faculty, the rules and regulations regarding student conduct and discipline;
- Exercises general supervision over the academic and student services under his/her office: Library and Media Center, Guidance Services, Lasallian Pastoral Center, Culture and Arts, Sports Development, Student’s Activities and Prefect of Discipline;
- Takes care of all issues involving student rights and responsibilities;
- Designs programs to assist student leaders in performing their respective tasks effectively;
- Collects, records, and publishes necessary information such as achievements and activities of the various offices under him/her and performs public relations work;
- Consolidates the college calendar of co-curricular/extra-curricular activities for the school year;
- Acts as Chair of the Student Discipline Board;
- Conducts evaluation of the performance of the heads under his/her office and initiates improvements;
- Supervises the preparation and publication of updated editions of the Student’ Handbook;
- Supervises and facilitates the Yearbook Printing;
- Coordinates with the Graduating class re-Graduation Ball and Tribute to Parents;
- Recommends revisions or modifications of the Student Supreme Council Constitution and By-laws;
Director for Student Activities
The Director for Student Activities is appointed by the President upon the recommendation of the Vice-Chancellor for Academic & Student Services. He/She shall be directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic & Student Services.
- Oversees and guides the Supreme Student Council (SSC) and the different student organizations in planning, organizing, controlling, implementing and evaluating their activities especially in the following concerns:
- Calendar of Activities
- Student Council Elections
- University Festival
- Institutional Day/University Family Days
- Special projects and activities
- Fund-raising projects
- LED TV announcements
- Update information in the website
- Coordinates the activities of the Supreme Student Council with all the existing campus organizations in the College;
- Provides leadership training programs and formation for members of student organizations in the college;
- Represents the administration in the Student Council activities;
- Coordinates with the Moderators of the different student organizations;
- Conducts regular evaluation of the programs and activities of the Supreme Student Council and other student organizations;
- Monitors the financial status of the Supreme Student Council and other recognized student organizations;
- Supervises and evaluates the activities and performance of the advisers/moderators of student organizations;
- Submits monthly and annual reports to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic and Student Services;
Prefect of Discipline
The Prefect of Discipline has the responsibility of maintaining order, proper behavior, decorum and discipline of students on campus. It is likewise his responsibility to do preventive and corrective measures to erring students.He/She shall be directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic & Student Services.
- Supports the program of the Academic and Student Services Office, specifically in the area of discipline;
- Disseminates and implements disciplinary provisions in the Student Handbook and other published guidelines;
- Sets up provisions for the hearing and handling of student’s disciplinary cases;
- Provides adequate documentation for all cases brought to his/her office;
- Maintains an updated file on the disciplinary status of students;
- Establishes communication lines with parents of student violators and recommends appropriate referrals to the Guidance Center and other agencies when necessary;
- Promotes orderly conduct among students during assemblies and gatherings.
- Helps in safeguarding the welfare of the La Salle University community from erring individuals.
- Institutes corrective-productive sanctions to erring students.
- Upholds Human Rights as the basis of dignified response in enforcements.
- Submits monthly reports to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic & Student Services regarding the performance of his duties.
- Reports to the Vice-Chancellor for Academic& Student Services.